Before the summer months heat up and you take some much-needed time off, let’s spring into action with our intentions and strategies to make 2021 a great year in our personal and professional lives.
As small business owners, we often have so much going on with work/life balance that we tend to neglect finding the time, energy and focus to actually grow our businesses. On top of that, the last year has tested us personally and professionally like never before – making growth seem unrealistic.
At SBS Accounting & Advisors, we want to be your trusted advisors for finding you powerful solutions to set and meet your goals, experience long-term growth, and find the kind of balance that makes you happy and healthy – even when the deck seems stacked against you.
To help achieve this, here are our 4 spring cleaning tips for personal and professional growth, and know that our SBS team is here for you every step of the way.
1. Take Self-Care Seriously
When running in a million directions as business owners, we tend to forget about the importance of self-care. When we don’t take self-care seriously and aren’t proactive about it, we tend to form unhealthy patterns and get out of the mindset needed to perform at our best and reach big success and growth.
Running and transforming our businesses takes a great deal of mental and physical strength. When it comes to your self-care, find what works best for you. That may be meditation, stretching every morning, working out, resetting before each day, carving out time with loved ones or just taking a break. Whatever you choose, be consistent and intentional about it so that you can take care of yourself, destress, recharge and get to a better place.
2. Being a Transformative Advisor for Your Clients
At SBS, our mission is to build transformation for you and your business – something we are constantly striving to achieve. We know how critical it is to get your books in order and automate your accounting processes, but we also know that’s not enough. Taking care of your back office needs is essential, but so is proactively planning your future and being the kind of advisor who you can trust every step of the way.
We want you to be a transformative advisor for your customers, too. While we would love to help you put an action plan to this process, we also have a few suggestions that you can work on right away to help.
- Customer relationships – The relationships you have with your customers will determine how much they trust, respect, and value you and your business. Try to connect with each one by getting to know them and forming a genuine connection. Providing them this level of personalized attention, and showing them how much you care about them, will go a long way toward not only reaching business growth for both parties, but also establishing your integrity and a rapport that is invaluable.
- Go the extra mile – Constantly strive for delivering more. It’s okay to celebrate wins and accomplishments, but don’t stop there. Keep moving forward and find even more solutions to their everyday wants and needs.
- Be their coach – While you want to be a transformative advisor to your clients, you can help them be one for their customers, too, by being their coach/mentor. As you connect and develop a rapport, they will value your advice. Be willing to guide them through difficult situations or important decisions with their own customers. That is truly a powerful, full circle relationship.
3. Tap into Our Advisory Services
The SBS advisory services division is designed to help you understand your numbers and data, and leverage these tools to meet your goals and strategize for long-term growth.
We have tools and strategies we implement to take you to the next level, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and cash flow management. Check out these key resources, and don’t hesitate to contact us today to lay out a plan to specifically help transform your business.
4. Take Control of Your Finances
Knowing where your business stands financially – at all times – is an absolute must. By making sure your books are up to date on a more frequent basis, we can ensure that you know what your true balance is, and if all outstanding deposits and checks are entered into your books. You’ll also know your credit card balances and month-to-date profitability.
When our SBS team has a picture of your full financial situation, we can then work to consistently meet your goals and address your concerns. In doing so, we will come up with solutions that help you take control of your finances and grow your business.
An example of this can be found in one of our recent blogs about effective church financial stewardship. While it’s geared toward churches, I believe some of the key points addressed in the article will resonate with everyone.
Ready to Grow?
While this list doesn’t represent all of our spring cleaning visions for a memorable 2021 for you and your business, we feel it’s a good start. So, if you’re ready to start your action plan, or have any questions, contact us today. We’d love to hear from you and will keep striving to help you grow personally and professionally.